Ingredients for 4 people
1 finely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves
300 gr chicken
2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp salt
1 chopped green pepper
1 bell pepper
2 finely chopped Tomato
1 cup Rice
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
A pinch saffron
1/2 cup frozen peas
300 gr king prawns
– Finely chop the onion and sauté on medium heat with La Española Classic Olive Oil for 2 mins then add chopped garlic and sauté for another 1 min.
– Now add the chicken pieces and add 1 tbsp of paprika and fry for 3-4 mins until the chicken is lightly browned.
– Add chopped green peppers with 1 tbsp paprika, black pepper and salt
– Add 1 cup of rice and fry for 1-2 mins until the rice is sealed
– Add chopped tomatoes and mix
– Add the boiling chicken stock and saffron to the mix and let it simmer on the hub for 10 mins
– Thinly slice the bell pepper into long strips and add them to the mix with frozen peas and king prawns on the top plus 1 more cup of water. Bake the paella in the oven at 350 degrees for another 10 minutes and serve it hot.
– Add olive oil and parsley on top and serve it hot.